When We Two Parted (昔日依依别)
When we two parted, 昔日依依惜别,
In silence and tears, 泪流默默无言;
Half broken-hearted, 离恨肝肠断,
To serve for years, 此别又几年。
Pale grew thy cheek and cold, 冷颊向愕然,
Colder thy kiss, 一吻寒更添;
Truly that hour foretold, 日后伤心事,
Sorrow to this! 此刻已预言。
The dew of the morning, 朝起寒露重,
Suck chill or my brow, 凛冽凝眉间,
It felt like the warning, 彼时已预告:
Of what I feel now. 悲伤在今天。
Thy cows are all broken, 山盟今安在?
And light is thy fame; 汝名何轻贱!
I hear thy name spoken, 吾闻汝名传,
And share in its shame. 羞愧在人前。
They name thee before me, 闻汝名声恶,
A knell to mine ear; 犹如听丧钟。
A shudder comes o'er me, 不禁心怵惕,
Why wert thou so dear? 往昔情太浓。
Thy know not I knew thee, 谁知旧日情,
who knew thee too well: 斯人知太深。
Long,Long shall I rue thee, 绵绵长怀恨,
Too deeply to tell. 尽在不言中。
In secret we met, 昔日喜幽会,
In silence I grieve, 今朝恨无声。
That thy heart could forget, 旧情汝已忘,
Thy spirit deceive. 痴心遇薄幸。
If I should meet thee, 如我遇见你,
After long years, 在多年以后,
How should I greet thee? 我将何以致侯?
With silence and tears. 唯沉默与眼泪。